Stuart BeardwellAssociate Director
Download Stuart's vCard (32 KB)
Stuart is an Associate Director with over 14 years experience as a structural engineer in the UK.
- Development of Clients’ brief through discussion and outline schemes in conjunction with architects and surveyors
- Full design of steel framed buildings
- Full design of various structures in timber, masonry, steel and concrete
- Full design and detailing of reinforced concrete and traditional foundations
- Writing of technical structural specifications and reports
- Structural surveying of buildings, vehicular and specialist structures and compilation of condition reports
- Preparation of Design Risk Assessments
- CEng Chartered Engineer
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BTEC National Diploma in Building Construction
- GNVQ in Construction in the Built Environment
- Member of Institution of Structural Engineers
- Graduate Member of Institution of Civil Engineers
- Construction Skils Certificiation Scheme Site Visitors Card
- Criminal Record Bureau Enhanced Security Checked
Professional ExperienceStuart acts as mentor to young engineers joining the company and is involved in activities to raise awareness of the profession in schools across the south east. His management skills are often put to good use when leading cross-discipline design teams, and his attention to detail is especially useful for identifying potential issues.
Stuart has gained structural experience across several sectors; for example, the design and site supervision of various projects for NHS Trust’s and private medical providers, including refurbishment of MRi research suite at John Radcliffe hospital for new Siemens 7T magnetom.
Other structural experience includes the inspection of salt discharge hoppers for M25 motorway maintenance depots and design and site supervision of Canterbury Christ Church University.