Report and Advisory services
Our team of experienced engineers have a wealth of practical expertise in the inspection and appraisal of existing structures and potential development sites.
Early appointment allows us to maximise the value and use of developments and minimise the risks associated with existing facilities.
Our services in this area include:
- Defect analysis and investigation
- Electrical building services -
Traditional electrical design services include lighting design, lighting controls, fire alarm systems, lightning protection and voltage optimisation
- Expert witness - Crofton has experience at providing expert engineering services; both in the lead up to and during litigation proceedings. Previous successes include the award of damages against a large UK local authority for flood damage caused by road-works and a substantial settlement in favour of a developer client following a dispute with another developer over adverse ground conditions. In many other instances we have brought the force of technical argument to settle matters prior to full proceedings in UK and European projects.
- Inspections and surveys - Whether you require a walkover survey of a possible site or a thorough appraisal of a planned property purchase, Crofton has the experience and expertise to enable you to proceed with confidence.
- Site procurement advice
- Public health services
- Site Investigations - Dealing predominantly with what lies beneath the surface of a site, both naturally and as a result of previous development, Crofton’s team can provide everything from an initial desk based appraisal through to specifications, tender management and site supervision of the full range of below ground studies. This includes geotechnical/foundation and drainage investigation.
- Structural Investigations - Existing buildings can require detailed investigation for a range of reasons, whether there are plans to modify construction or use, extend or even demolish, a detailed knowledge of their construction is vital. Additionally, structures damaged by fire, flood, impact/explosion, ground movement or even poorly constructed in the first place, will all require a degree of investigation to enable recommendations for remedial action to be prepared. Crofton has the detailed knowledge to interpret the existing construction and develop concise, practical investigation proposals.
Commissioned by the National Trust to provide structural engineering services for the sustainable refurbishment of the historic stable yard at Morden Hall Park in Surrey, Crofton provided assessment of the building structures through to detailed design of strengthening and repair works and structural alterations to the stable buildings.
Design work included traditional repairs to timber and masonry elements throughout the building as well as design and specification of Limecrete insulated concrete floors.
Read the complete project profile