1 ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Your access to and use of crofton-design.co.uk ("the Website") is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
3 CHANGES TO WEBSITE
crofton-design.co.uk reserves the right to:
3.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that crofton-design.co.uk shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
3.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
5.1 All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to crofton-design.co.uk or otherwise used by crofton-design.co.uk as permitted by law.
5.2 In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
6 DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 The Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law, crofton-design.co.uk will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
6.3 crofton-design.co.uk makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
6.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of crofton-design.co.uk for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of crofton-design.co.uk or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold crofton-design.co.uk and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against crofton-design.co.uk arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
9 GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. crofton-design.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
2. We use your personal information
- to notify you of changes to the website
- to update you about new products/services
- to improve our products/services
- to conduct research
3. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
4. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by email.
6. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at KatieNeal@crofton-design.com.
1. About cookies
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2. Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
- ANONID or ANONID_FS
- VID or VISID
Cookies [1 to 6] are persistent cookies, whereas cookies [7 to 11] are session cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) [to recognise your computer when you visit our website;]
(2) [to track you as you navigate our website;]
(3) [to improve the website's usability;]
(4) [to analyse the use of our website;]
(5) [in the administration of this website;]
4. Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our [advertisers/service providers] may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) [to track your browser across multiple websites;]
(2) [to build a profile of your web surfing;]
(3) [to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.]
5. Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
6. Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.